Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2000 LS1 injectors vs 2004 4.8 injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 LS1 injectors vs 2004 4.8 injectors?

I'm doing a budget/salvage first time LS1 build/swap with an LS6 intake, LS1 injectors & rail (all from '00 cars), and I have a complete 2004 4.8 from a GMC Yukon that I got for a song for spare parts, including wiring harness, as the 2000 Trans Am LS1 I picked up was a short block from someone's 6.0 swap. Long story, details aren't important but those are the parts I've got. I'm hoping to make a mild 450ish HP (engine shop est.) at the flywheel from a mild cam, ported heads, LS6 intake, headers, etc., if that helps.

Anyway, here's my problem. I was looking at hooking up the injectors and realized that the plug and the harness don't match! The devil is in the details I guess. Do I need a wiring adapter, or would it be easier to take the 4.8 truck injectors and put them into the LS1 fuel rail? Would they flow enough for my build? Just looking to get the car running...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotshot_73_camaro
I'm doing a budget/salvage first time LS1 build/swap with an LS6 intake, LS1 injectors & rail (all from '00 cars), and I have a complete 2004 4.8 from a GMC Yukon that I got for a song for spare parts, including wiring harness, as the 2000 Trans Am LS1 I picked up was a short block from someone's 6.0 swap. Long story, details aren't important but those are the parts I've got. I'm hoping to make a mild 450ish HP (engine shop est.) at the flywheel from a mild cam, ported heads, LS6 intake, headers, etc., if that helps.

Anyway, here's my problem. I was looking at hooking up the injectors and realized that the plug and the harness don't match! The devil is in the details I guess. Do I need a wiring adapter, or would it be easier to take the 4.8 truck injectors and put them into the LS1 fuel rail? Would they flow enough for my build? Just looking to get the car running...
LS6 intakes didn't come on the 2000 f-body's. For the injectors you just need a set of EV1 plugs if your using a truck wiring harness. Either you can get the adapters or the plugs and wire them in.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1RAY
LS6 intakes didn't come on the 2000 f-body's. For the injectors you just need a set of EV1 plugs if your using a truck wiring harness. Either you can get the adapters or the plugs and wire them in.
You are right, which is why I bought one in the classified section. EV1 huh... There seems to be plenty of those for sale on ebay and summit. Thanks for the keyword!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Teching In

So 04" Gto Came with 28lbs inj for sure?

Quick Reply: 2000 LS1 injectors vs 2004 4.8 injectors?