Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel rail plumbing help

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel rail plumbing help

So I have a set of fast rails going on my 2000 camaro, and so far I plan on doing the plumbing this way. Can someone tell me if its a good idea.

Cap off both rails in the back. Hook up the crossover line up front and the main feed line will hook up to the driver side rail?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

So pretty much I plan on using two pressure gauge adapters up front (1 on pass side and 1 on driver side). Passenger side will get a fuel psi gauge into the adapter and the driver side will get a 1/8 npt to 6an fitting into the adapter. Then connect both rails with the crossover and hook up the feed line to the 6an fitting on the driver side.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

so you are wanting the feedline to come in on the front of the rail, where the crossover hose will be?? Did I understand that correctly?? I would think that the pressure of the fuel coming in from the feed line, would then effect the flow of the gas trying to go thru the crossover hose. Since the fuel would be traveling from front to back straight down the driver side rail, the fuel would have to fill this rail first, before coming back to the crossover hose to travel to the other rail. the flow from the feed seems like it would be battling the back pressure of the full driver side rail attempting to cross back over to the pass rail..... make sense??? I could be way off, but just my first thought
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like he wants to run a Tee at the front the drivers side fuel rail, hook up the feed to one side of it, hook the crossover to the other side of it and run it to the passenger side rail.

Sounds like it would work fine as it's really not any different than how the factory fuel rails are set up. But rather than run a 1/8" pipe to -6an adapter, why not use a -6Male/-6Female/-6Male Tee connector at the drivers side rail? In other words, try to keep the orifice that the other rail is fed from the same size as the lines being used.

Quick Reply: fuel rail plumbing help