Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel injector capacity

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 06:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Fuel injector capacity

I pm'ed Damian to briefly discuss cam options and he advised me to change fuel injectors since I have the smaller '99 model injectors. Right now I am running 326rwhp 322rwtq, but I think my MAF may need cleaned so that could be slightly higher, not sure. He said that using the cam I am interested in along with an LS6 intake and possibly ported tb that I would see around 380-390rwhp and that these injectors max out between 370hp-390hp, I didn't ask the tuner what the duty cycle on the injectors were at the time I was being tuned, can about give me some ideas on how strained they currently are?

Also, if I add heads into the mix, let's say for a total of 450rwhp (although I'm only expecting 420rwhp realistically) would the slightly bigger stock injectors from other model years be sufficient for that or would I need to get aftermarket ones? And at what point does a better fuel pump come into play?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump ttt
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

At your current power level, your injectors are just fine. I'd think with your goals, even the larger OEM injectors would probably be at the top of their duty cycle. A good tuner can take a fairly large injector and make it behave like stock, provided he has the correct injector information to put into the tune.

I've got the stock injectors from my old '02 Camaro laying around that I'll be selling, but I'm not sure they would fit within your overall goals. They'd probably get you by for a little while though if you were worried about it.

Quick Reply: Fuel injector capacity