Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Adapting 67 Camaro Fuel Line?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Adapting 67 Camaro Fuel Line?

I have a '67 Camaro that I'm installing an LQ9 into. My plan was to use a corvette style bypass regulator near the tank with a flex line back to the tank as a return, and use the 3/8" stock ss hard line as my supply line. The 3/8" line is less than a year old, so it would be nice to be able to keep it.

I have all the fittings figured out from the tank to the regulator to the fuel rails except I'm not sure how to tie the 3/8" stainless hard line into a -6AN flex line. The hard line is from the Right Stuff Detailing and has the bubble or bead flare on it. I don't have a 37 degree flaring tool, and I'd hate to have to buy a $150 flaring tool to make 2 flares on a stainless line. Any ideas?

Here's a pic of the bubble flare in the engine compartment. Ignore the regulator in the top left of the pic, that's from the old carbureted setup, and just used a hose clamp to connect the braided nylon to the bubble flare. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Getting lonely in here...

I'm going to cut the bubble flare off each end of the fuel line. I picked up a couple of fittings from Swagelok. They are stainless steel and made for adapting 3/8" stainless tube to -6AN. The other brands I found were all for adapting aluminum tube not stainless.

Part number is SS-600-6-6AN

Quick Reply: Adapting 67 Camaro Fuel Line?