Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system needs in turbo 5.3..???HELP

Old 03-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system needs in turbo 5.3..???HELP

Hey us ok so simple I have a 5.3 with a 76mm turbo I have a msd fuel system in my chevelle wondering if it would be strong enuf to run the engine with the boost up to 10-15lbs also what size injectors sould I get..I was looking at 60lbs I do have the truck intake on it still..hee is part number for my fuel pump and vette regulator filter..91012805
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what power level are you shooting for? That has a big affect on what size injectors to purchase. For me, a few steps oversize means reduced duty cycle on the injectors.

If you think 60's will be sufficient, then go with 80's or so. Less stress on the injectors and you will have to tune it for the changed parts anyways.

What pressure is the max for the MSD system, and what flow rate? I have heard of a 255lph supporting the 450 range, but getting above that usually means stepping up to 2 pumps just for reduced system strain...

Look at items that will be a step or two too much, versus having almost enough. One failure or partial failure by any part means a cooked engine.

Good luck with your build and hope that everything goes smoothly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel system needs in turbo 5.3..???HELP