Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Erratic fuel pressure with Aeromotive eliminator and Controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Erratic fuel pressure with Aeromotive eliminator and Controller

I am getting some crazy erratic jumps in fuel pressure at idle with my Aeromotive eliminator and Aeromotive fuel pump controller. This behavior happens when it is in its low speed mode, but if I override this it cleans up and goes straight to 43 psi and holds steady. Now at this point I do not have the rpm input connected and was planning to do a boost switch to activate the high speed feature rather than having it rpm based. Is this acceptable or is this why it is being so erratic?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Addict

No one knows anything?
Old 04-01-2013, 04:53 AM
TECH Addict

I guess I will try calling aeromotive as they do not appear to be monitoring their sponsored sub forum here.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Figured I would give a resolution to this. 2 things. First the controller did not like the signal from the ecu for some reason as a trigger to turn on the controller. I ran it to a relay and then to the controller and it was better. Had to figure that one on my own. Second there is a little voltage potentiometer that needed to be turned up. Seems to work fine now and maintain pressure.

Lastly, rather than a boost switch I will be running a vacuum switch that will go to the override. That way when in vacuum it will work at half speed then when in boost the switch triggers full speed. The important part is that if it fails, it fails to full speed rather than 1/2 speed.

Quick Reply: Erratic fuel pressure with Aeromotive eliminator and Controller