Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

98 z28 fuel pressure regulator housing

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 98 z28 fuel pressure regulator housing

well i was having low fuel pressure issues in my z so i decided to tear the pump out and give everything a once over. And of course i have the infamous leak at the fuel pressure regulator. the Housing it goes into is no longer a circle its now an oval and i cant get the regulator to seal. I tried buying bigger o rings and i tried buying a new regulator and I actually made my Fuel pressure issue worse.

I was running about 30 psi and it would run fine until i went WOT. Now it spits and sputters if i dont drive like a complete grandma.

From what I've searched, i cant seem to find anywhere where you can just buy the plastic circle the regulator sits in. I know if you buy a whole new Delphi sending unit it has one, but Im pretty sure my pump is fine and i dont want to spend $350.

So does anyone know where i can get the housing? or someway to swap out the regulator for an aftermarket one?

Any advice is really appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This 98 regulator issue is a common problem & the replacement regulators seem to be a poor quality alternative that only lasts a short time.

To all interested, I hope to have a replacement solution available sometime next week.
I'm trying to make an economical alternative to an external regulator.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Teching In

It was good speaking to you on the phone with you today Lonnie, Im looking forward to see what you've come up with.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump! Any updates? I'm in the same boat as well.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just came across this!...

http://www.ringer-racing.com/product.sc?productId=289
Old 06-02-2013, 07:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I have a custom replacement regulator for $65 shipped.
Built quite a few now with good results.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
I have a custom replacement regulator for $65 shipped.
Built quite a few now with good results.
aside from the $65, will there be any more parts/pieces that i will need to buy to make it work? Mind if i see a pic first, PM me?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:15 AM
11 Second Club

If I can find my stock one you can have it for the shipping. Ill look for it today
Old 06-09-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hold it for the next guy
I ended up ordering the ringer-racing housing.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Teching In

I'm in this boat right now! Took my car to get tuned after cam install and now I can't even drive it because of this piece of crap housing. Help!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running Lonnie's replacement for a few months now; works great and well worth the money.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bought a Herko assembly off ebay. It was only $88 and they seem to have good reviews. I might need a new regulator, and I'm not using the pump in it anyway so I figured I'd give it a try.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Took your advice and ordered from Lonnie's. Called lonnie discussed it and Paid for it. He told me it would be here last Wednesday. Called him 3 times this weekend, he left a voicemail telling me he would send me an update. Nothing all weekend despite 2 more calls. Emailed him and apparently he never even started making my part. Disgusted in your service Lonnie. Thanks for putting me in a huge bind.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Maybe you should re-read your reponse...
I stated the part got lost in shipping. It did ship USPS last week.

I am open on weekends but most other businesses are not. Getting resolution on weekends is next to impossible... you should understand this.

I was waiting on another regulator to arrive this morning before I could confirm it would ship today. (it arrived at 1:00)... Just about the same time I see you filed a Paypal dispute.

Seeing you resorted to these tactics, I refunded your money. This is why you got a refund instead of your parts tomorrow.

You paid on the 24th... You do not get your parts in 1 week, due to a lost package & file a claim against me. Thats class.... I hope no one else has to do business w/ you.

Your actions got you a refund instead of the part you needed.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by s_tracy
Took your advice and ordered from Lonnie's. Called lonnie discussed it and Paid for it. He told me it would be here last Wednesday. Called him 3 times this weekend, he left a voicemail telling me he would send me an update. Nothing all weekend despite 2 more calls. Emailed him and apparently he never even started making my part. Disgusted in your service Lonnie. Thanks for putting me in a huge bind.
Issues like these belong in the Sponsor Feedback section, not here.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
Maybe you should re-read your reponse...
I stated the part got lost in shipping. It did ship USPS last week.

I am open on weekends but most other businesses are not. Getting resolution on weekends is next to impossible... you should understand this.

I was waiting on another regulator to arrive this morning before I could confirm it would ship today. (it arrived at 1:00)... Just about the same time I see you filed a Paypal dispute.

Seeing you resorted to these tactics, I refunded your money. This is why you got a refund instead of your parts tomorrow.

You paid on the 24th... You do not get your parts in 1 week, due to a lost package & file a claim against me. Thats class.... I hope no one else has to do business w/ you.

Your actions got you a refund instead of the part you needed.
If you were open on weekends you would have answered your phone Friday Night, or the three times I called you on Saturday. When you don't respond to someone's repeated attempts to find out where their product is what are they supposed to do? Just wait? Either provide the service you claim you will or don't. These aren't tactics, it's common sense. Everything I did was black and white. I called you didn't answer. I paid and oddly enough you never provided a tracking number or anything yet claim it shipped out. To date I have called you 6 times and spoken to you once. Who is the one with the "tactics" here? And to do business with someone the transaction has to be fulfilled by both parties. Definitively, that's a bilateral agreement. My portion of the 'business' was fulfilled completely. You found it too difficult to return phone calls and blatantly ignored me Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday so yeah I disputed your payment. Don't make me sound like a poor quality buyer when you can't even pick up the phone for 4 days.

Hop on YellowBullet or any other large racing forum and other people are having similar problems with your 'company.' Maybe you have a good product Lonnie, I can't say yes or no to that since mine never showed up, but you definitely have ****-poor business practices for a sponsor. But thanks for at least refunding my money.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:16 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by s_tracy
If you were open on weekends you would have answered your phone Friday Night, or the three times I called you on Saturday. When you don't respond to someone's repeated attempts to find out where their product is what are they supposed to do? Just wait? Either provide the service you claim you will or don't. These aren't tactics, it's common sense. Everything I did was black and white. I called you didn't answer. I paid and oddly enough you never provided a tracking number or anything yet claim it shipped out. To date I have called you 6 times and spoken to you once. Who is the one with the "tactics" here? And to do business with someone the transaction has to be fulfilled by both parties. Definitively, that's a bilateral agreement. My portion of the 'business' was fulfilled completely. You found it too difficult to return phone calls and blatantly ignored me Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday so yeah I disputed your payment. Don't make me sound like a poor quality buyer when you can't even pick up the phone for 4 days.

Hop on YellowBullet or any other large racing forum and other people are having similar problems with your 'company.' Maybe you have a good product Lonnie, I can't say yes or no to that since mine never showed up, but you definitely have ****-poor business practices for a sponsor. But thanks for at least refunding my money.
Seriously...sponsor feedback section. Take it there.

Quick Reply: 98 z28 fuel pressure regulator housing