Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need help with fuel system layout

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with fuel system layout

Trying to figure out my fuel system layout, any advice would be welcome. (stock) 5.3 L33 from a 2005 Silverado into an 2000 Isuzu trooper swap. With return-less fuel rails(no pressure regulator on the rails).

Parts being used so far:
Aeromotive SS Series Canister Style Fuel Filters 12308
Aeromotive Compact EFI Fuel Regulators 13105
Aeromotive 11142 340 Stealth Electric Fuel Pump

So I'm not sure if i should put the fuel filter in front of the fuel pressure regulator on the high pressure side or after the fuel pressure regulator on the high pressure side. If i put it after the regulator, only the fuel going to the rails will get filtered. Not sure if this is an issue... If i put it after the regulator the large fuel capacity of the Aeromotive canister filter should act as a bit of a "pulse" buffer to keep the fuel pressure a-bit more constant... Not sure if I'm over thinking it.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4681/fuellayout.jpg
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Teching In

I've always put the filter before anything. I don't like the thought of trash or debris getting into my regulator or pump. Just my opinion.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:17 PM
Launching!

agreed ^ . i would run from tank to filter then fuel pump and from that to the regulator ino the rail(obv. return out bottom back to tank.)also i would mount ur regulator basically right off the rails to.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Teching In

I've heard a few people saying that the regulator should be close to the fuel rail.
Why is this?

I was hoping save some return line and not have to run it all the way back from the engine bay to tank.

Quick Reply: need help with fuel system layout