Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

dead fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dead fuel pump?

Finally got around to starting my car after its been sitting for almost a year. I did alot of weight reduction on the car but did not cut any wires(almost). I was removing fender metal and accidentally cut the wiring harness in there but i soldered it back together. But to the point Im getting nothing from my fuel pump when I turn the key forward, I have the racetronix kit so the pump is fairly audible. Ive check the fuse and relay, dosnt seem like they are the problem. This fuel pump probably dosnt even have 1k miles on it.

Is there a fuel pump wire on the pass side of the car that i may have not reconnected right? Im really at a loss right now as to whats wrong. The car was parked with next to no gas, but wouldnt the fuel pump still turn on?

Thanks for any help
Old 04-13-2013, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

I tested the green/white wire going from the relay to computer and it tested ok.... im really at a loss here. Has anybody had one of these pumps fail so early?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you check to see if the pump is getting any electricity? Is the relay activating?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

Bout that PCM batt fuse.... LOL imma tard.... It took going through all the fuel pump wires to diagnosing no spark to find a blown fuse....of course I check all the other fuses

Quick Reply: dead fuel pump?