Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

HELP! Fuel pump problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Fuel pump problem

Ok so i have a 2000 Z28. Back in december my fuel pump went out. Finally got around to getting a new one, its a venturi 255 from high flow fuel systems. I put it in and it started up. I let it idle for about 30 min. All of a sudden it started sputtering like it was out of gas then shut off. I turned the key to start it back and the pump didnt prime. So I went to the access panel I cut out and touched the 4-pin connector on top of the pump and it was so hot it burned me. I let it cool down and it started back up but repeated the heat up shut off thing. I called customer service and they told me that my venturi might be back but they would send a new pump. I got the new pump and put it in a new bucket and put it in. Now when the key is turned the pump only primes 1 out of 10 tries. I have to jiggle the 4 pin on top to get it to work and after a few min it will sputter like its out of gas and shut off. I have 12.5v coming from the cars harness and everything is hooked up in the bucket. If I lift the bucket up out of the tank a little bit it will prime 3 out of 4 times, set it back down and its a miracle to get it to prime. Any ideas? I need to get it fixed ASAP. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything guys?

Quick Reply: HELP! Fuel pump problem