Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

could use some help with this one

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default could use some help with this one

Ok so I did a cam swap. And well I was at it pulled the intake and painted it. Got everything back together and the car started for a few seconds and died.

Fuel pressure is at 60. And everything is hooked backup. (Pulled the intake again to double check) if I squirt it with some ether it starts fine. But of course stalls right out. If I keep squirting it stays running andand runs fine. So iI don't think the cam swap went wrong.

Because it starts with ether I'm assuming it's a fuel problem but I can't figure it out. It seems to have fine pressure when cranking.

How do I test the injector wiring and injectors?
The car is a 02 t/a procharged with 60# injectors and a racetronix pump and wire kit. The car was tuned years ago for the injectors and procharger and had run fine until this.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

A noid lite for starters. Will confirm inj pulse from PCM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for the reply geezer. I grab a mood lite today. Only had time to check 6 injectors but all seem to be getting the pulse signal. Any other suggestions or advice in where to go next.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Key on, engine off...12V to the injs??
Old 05-22-2013, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

Key on, engine off. All have 12v. So my next step. Was to pull all the injectors from the intake but leave them connected to the fuel rail and hooked up. I then put little cups under each injector and cranked the engine. And......

All injectors work. But....their not spraying gas? 2 were gas. The others are a clear liquid that smell closer to a bottle of alcohol than gas. And whatever it is. It is not flammable? So I think I found my problem. Now to find out the cause. Vengeful ex girlfriend. Maybe? She's the only one with acces to the garage.

What the easiest way to drain the tank? It's going to be a loan to remove it with the way the car is parked.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

And she runs! Thank you for all your help geezer. I'm not sure why I didn't think bad gas a lot earlier in the process. Probably because it happened at the same time ad the cam swap. But live and learn right.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Glad you got it corrected!
Did you bitch slap the ex??

Quick Reply: could use some help with this one