Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel pump problems PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump problems PLEASE HELP!!!

ok i have a granatelli fuel pump i got from summit and it has worked fine for bout a year or 2 ago but now i have LOW fuel pressure 30-35psi at idle and when I rev it up it drops to bout 20psi. When i go to drive it it chugs and stutters from 2k rpm to about 2,5k rpm then it runs awesome...ive changed the fuel filter im for sure its the pump and i want to go to a walbro or aeromotive 340 but the guy at aeromotive said that i would suck the fuel out of the housing dry and burn the pump up sooo im wondering how i would go about setting the pump up for my car to be a beast through all rmp's again

Sorry so long i like to cover all the bases for u guys to help.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:45 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not just buy the correct pump for the application? Racetronix makes a direct fit kit for your car. You do not need a 340lph pump for your application so no need to go through the grief of trying to make one work.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im making 503hp to the wheels and plan on turbo in a year or to so i will need to go to the 340 or dual 255's eventually,i know the 255 is good for 600hp so that will work for me. the racetronix one says it has the factory connector but ive already spliced for the other pump ive got on it now

Quick Reply: fuel pump problems PLEASE HELP!!!