Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

goes lean only on right (sharp) turns

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Question goes lean only on right (sharp) turns

i just noticed this after i got the car up and running swapping the 98 pcm to a 02. for example, when i turn onto a street and gas it some the motor will stutter and my wb goes "----" meaning lean ofr a couple seconds then it'll go back to normal/stoichmetry. doesnt do it on left turns. any idea(s) on what to look for? im running 36# L67/GTP injectors with unknown miles but at full throttle it doesnt go lean at all.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would check the placement of the fuel pump... Try filling your gas tank all the way up and seeing if it does it!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i think you're right. when i swapped to the 02 pcm i had it sent to shortuning to get the fuel segments updated and james (who went far and beyond and helped me on the right track-highly recommend him!) said that i would also need to adjust the fuel tables on my end in HP Tuners. after some adjustments i found that the fuel gauge needle was just above empty (i poured 4gallons prior) but drove 50miles on 3.73 gears so i imagine it was low again. i filled up yesterday to 6gallons and so far so good.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fst100
i think you're right. when i swapped to the 02 pcm i had it sent to shortuning to get the fuel segments updated and james (who went far and beyond and helped me on the right track-highly recommend him!) said that i would also need to adjust the fuel tables on my end in HP Tuners. after some adjustments i found that the fuel gauge needle was just above empty (i poured 4gallons prior) but drove 50miles on 3.73 gears so i imagine it was low again. i filled up yesterday to 6gallons and so far so good.
You're welcome! This is what ls1tech is here for!

Quick Reply: goes lean only on right (sharp) turns