Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

raising fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raising fuel pressure

Hi just curious if anyone has raised base fuel pressure on a rising rate reg to fatten up the ratios a bit?
I am considering raising the base pressure slightly and hopefully it will fatten the ratio up through the whole range to give me a little more of a safety margin on my turbo stroker build. Car is already tuned and it is safe but would like to know if this is the effect I will get by doing it?
Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes you can, but keep in mind the pressure increase is exponential to the air fuel ratio change... meaning it takes a 9% pressure increase to make a 3% air fuel ratio change.

Also keep in mind the pump flow drops off sharply at high pressures, so you may run out of pump if you try raising the pressure too high.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 PM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1991 called........they want their 5.0 mustang back so they can use an adjustable regulator to tune. lol jfwy

Make tuning adjustment in the "tune" itself. Like was said above, pump flow falls off as pressure increases.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

Lonnies performance thanks for the info. BLown06 ha ha very funny. Yes I agree tuning is the best option and The tune I have is safe, I rechecked my dyno sheet and the a/f is around 11.4 so I am happy with that. just curious on things effecting the a/f ratio.
Anyway I will be adding a second pump in parallel later on is that going to effect the a/f with everything else being the same? Or is that dependant on whether my aeromotive reg can dump enough to keep the pressure under control?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:05 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As long as the regulator keeps pressure where it was tuned at, additional volume shouldn't affect it too much.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Staging Lane

Regylator cobtrolls all of it, make sure its working good before you go all out for big numbers

Quick Reply: raising fuel pressure