Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Critique my Fuel Setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Critique my Fuel Setup

Hey guys, if you could take a look, this is how i was planning on fueling my 5.3 with twin 70's with
e85.

As of right now I was going to power one Bosch pump from the engine harness fuel pump relay and the other one I was planning on using my moroso switch panel and relay.

Would that work out ok, or should I power them both from the switch panel?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

Is your battery in the rear of the car? I ran my power wire of the battery in the rear to turn the pump on, then ran a relay right next to it that is triggered up front by something I don't use anymore (think it's the radio)... that would ensure there would be no serious voltage drop. I would suggest strongly to run a larger line on the inlet side of the pump to be safe, just so peace of mind that those pumps stay fed with plenty of fuel, -10an on the inlet. Planning on parallel plumbing the rails? If your going to go making a whole system, probably wouldn't hurt and you would know that you have the same pressure in both rails. Other then that looks good!
Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Something i read when figuring out my fuel system is the return line . I was going to run the same size lines as you but the 6 an return slows the fuel down and can retain more heat than if you used all 8 an line . This would be more for a street driven car as a drag vehicle it most likely wouldn't matter

Would it be better to have your return on the other rail ?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

My battery is in the rear, I planned on doing something like that. I might buy a new fuel cell with all the fittings i need.

Originally Posted by lsxtreme17268
Something i read when figuring out my fuel system is the return line . I was going to run the same size lines as you but the 6 an return slows the fuel down and can retain more heat than if you used all 8 an line . This would be more for a street driven car as a drag vehicle it most likely wouldn't matter

Would it be better to have your return on the other rail ?

For now im running factory truck rails until I buy a new intake, I didn't know how to show that in my drawing.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

I'm just running a metal tank out of a LT1 car with a sump welded onto it. has 2 (1/2) npt threads and got it welded on for like 30 bucks if you're on a budget. if not a cell would be nice but maybe not for street duty with the reduced quanity it can hold.

Quick Reply: Critique my Fuel Setup