Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What fitting are these?

Old 11-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What fitting are these?

I see people that want to do aftermarket rails on the truck intake manifolds.. I came across this pic.. the rails look just like the rails on my 04 5.3 intake..Looks like they drilled and tapped stock rails... then maybe used fittings with o-rings
Old 11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

i'd agree they were drilled and tapped because that method is easier than machining for a proper ORB fitting, but whether an O-ring was used? ...no idea, but i'd assume "no" since i don't know of any NPT-to-AN fittings that have a lip designed or recess cut for use with an O-ring on the NPT side... at least not in Aluminum (and those pieces are definitely AL since they're anodized). have you searched on PerformanceTrucks.net?
Old 11-15-2013, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks like a Teflon or nylon washer was used, so no I don't think it is o-ringed either.

These type of washers are commonly used foe fuel cell fittings.

The rails could have been taped for either pipe thread or straight thread. I would think straight thread because it requires less thickness in the tubing wall.

There are hose ends made that have a male end on them rather than the more common female ends, if those where used a fitting would be eliminated.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe someone will know whos car it is and what fittings they used..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What fitting are these?