Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Setting up a fuel system......

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up a fuel system......

I am looking for some guidance. I am running a Procharged 408 with LS3 heads and intake. I plan on running the Holley rails kit 534-210. I have the factory fuel line and evap line. I would like to run a return system. Here are some questions please advise.
- best way to set up fuel line with regulator?, gauge?, routing?
- use the connector from factory to AN to attatch to the rail?
- fuel pump? twin 044? larger single unit?
- how to turn evap into a return?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Teching In

comments??? anyone....
Old 11-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Teching In

I will help where I can....

-Routing of the line should be free of rub points. With a return system, I recommend hard line from the tank if it isn't already in place. From there, SS braided or a quality "pushloc" line works fine. Check out www.batinc.net. I get ALL of my AN fittings, Pushloc fittings, and line there. Earl's makes some AN adapters to go from a hard line to an AN fitting. Double check their pressure rating though. You will need a flare tool to go that route. Many people just run double clamps of a -6AN line over the standard OEM hard line. I have done that with no issues at 75psi pressure. DO NOT use worm gear clams. Get quality reduction clamps from McMaster Carr. Route to minimize rub points. You can remotely mount your regulator on the FW, or anywhere in the bay. Most quality regulators have a 1/8npt port for a fuel pressure gauge. If you have an aftermarket EFI system, it's a good idea to use an electronic sensor here, so you can log pressure.

- Twin 044's will get you there. I am a huge advocate of large single pumps with boosted applications. Main reason is that if one pump dies, you will not see the lack of pressure until things go BOOOOM. I use a Walbro 485. This is their newest E85 pump that supplies around 430lph. Enough fuel for 600whp on E85, which requires 30% more. On 93 pump, you are solid.

-With most factory Evap lines, we vent them to the atmosphere on performance setups. Unless you are running a charcoal canister or are concerned with emissions, then they are a mute point.

Quick Reply: Setting up a fuel system......