Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

new to ecu and fwil injecting

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to ecu and fwil injecting

Hey guys this is the first time ive been on this forum. Il start with some back story. Ive been building my 1987 gmc caballero for the past 5 or 6 years now. She startes with a carbed 305 and a th200 prety much factory everything. since then ive built a highly modifyed th350 and a ford 9inch but what im really here about is a fairley substancial 383 stroker (its actually a 377 because i didnt have the money at the time to swing for the .030 over bore) but anyway she puts about 400 horse and about 430 lbft of torque to the ground... when it was fresh... Now shes real tired she leaks oil and stals occasionally and i would be suprised if she is capable of delivering more then 300 at the crank. So its time for an upgrade... So heres the thing, every engine ive built has been netrually asperated and carborated. The motor i will be building is is a 5.3l turbo running about 8 lbs of boost and from a 53mm turbo. I have helped my brothers in there mud truck project (supercharged 454) running 6 lbs of boost but havong said that i have never messed around with feul injection tuning and maping. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction and where to get started. I do want to tune this motor myself i dont want to pay someone to do it for me. I am very computer savvy i just dont know any of the math or what to change to make an engine agree with 8 lbs of boost.

Thanks for any advise you can give me.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im sorry i didnt realize i miss spelled feul in the title hard to see through the cracks in the screen of my phone

Quick Reply: new to ecu and fwil injecting