Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Injector help please

I am looking at a low mileage L59 for a junkyard turbo build. As I understand it, the L59 is a flex fuel, and has unique injectors due to this, whereas the LM7 takes a standard injector. Correct? I will need a larger injector to run a turbo, but which injector version has aftermarket injectors available? Is in the standard LM7 that I can get 45-60 lb injectors for? Or is it the flex fuel that I can get injectors for? I'm getting conflicting info and I need to iron this out before they pull the motor from the truck tomorrow. Which of those 2 (LM7 vs L59) is physically larger? The yard says they can set me up with the LM7 rails/injectors for the low mileage L59 motor, I just want to be sure which direction I should go. Thanks all.

Rob
Old 02-12-2014, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GM has used three different injector sizes(lengths) in the last 14 years or so. They are about 1/2" different. Oldest being the longest. The L59 is 33lb and that's the only difference. Rather than the standard 26lb. It uses an EV6 connector.

An LM7 could use any of the injectors considering the fact it spanned 1999-2007 in the Silverado. You'll just have to look at the length of the injector. It doesn't matter what injector the L59 came with. Any LSX injector can be made to work with injector spacers and/or harness pigtails.

LS1/6 era are longest
LS2 is 1/2" shorter
LS3 is 1" shorter than LS1

There may be minor o-ring differences but again. All of these items can be had for the cheap.

You don't want the rail from the LM7 or L59. They are meant for truck intakes and pretty tall.

Another thread was not necessary.

Quick Reply: Injector help please