Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lonnies Douple Pumper Install w/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 08:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lonnies Douple Pumper Install w/ Pics

I actually installed most of this a few weeks ago but was waiting till i cleaned up the routing of the lines before posting. I decided to run a combination of SS hard lines 0.035 thick 1/2" feed 3/8" return. For the last few week i just had my FPR sitting on top of my manifold because although i knew where i wanted to mount it, was having problems getting it to fit right. Thankfully mighty mouse solutions, being as helpful as they are, sent me out a second mount i trimmed up with my dremel and i was able to tuck everything in where i wanted to nicely

As lonnie say, the install is pretty straight forward. Unfortunately because of the way i wanted to do it, it took quite a while. At the time of the install i was still running factory exhaust and that made dropping the take out a task because i didnt completely drop the rear end and left the sway bar attached.

i drained the tank but it was surprisingly not dirty on the inside
from lonnie the kit comes with a length of both -6an and -8an braided PTFE goodrich lines, fittings, rails, FPR, fuel filter,and hobbs switch(which i did not use because im running N/A). I should note that to install everything the way i did, i need tube sleeves and nuts as well as some extra fittings.
From the tank i ran the supplied braided routed through the factory mount/clip and into the fuel filter.

in the return line i placed a zeitronix ethanol % sensor so that i can adj my tune accordingly. Both the filter and sensor are attached to the hard lines and the return line is ran in place of the old feed line while the new larger feed line required some creative thinking to squeeze in with the rest of the line.

feed comes up around the steering linkage in then goes up under the brake reservoir.

line then takes a 180 and i put an electronic pressure sensor there for tuning and nitrous cut off

after that it goes into the rear of the passenger rail. I placed a T right before the rail and capped it. This will later be used for fuel fo the nitrous system. i had a black T but it had a 1/8NPT fitting for pressure sensor in at and for some reason, probably faulty manufacturing, it wouldnt seal tight so i just picked up another one at Pepboys and all they had was blue... ill go back to black later just for continuity.

then crossover in the font and into the driver side rail. after the rail i used 2 90* fitting and then into the FPR

i had to cut up both the mount that came with the FPR and the very nice one supplied by mighty mouse to get it to tuck up that tight.

final product

Out the bottom of the FPR and into my hard return line that is where the old feed used to be

because it is currently feeding my ls1 and this is prep work for my 434, i am only running one pump so i just pulled the jumper out of the line until im ready to hook it up to the controller

feel free to give constructive criticism and ideas as i am new to this
Old 03-15-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also as a not, be careful when installing the injectors in the new supplier rails as they have sharp edges and will slice up injector o-rings like they did to me. I ended up just replacing all of them

Quick Reply: Lonnies Douple Pumper Install w/ Pics