Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injector piece fell off do I need it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 06:04 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Injector piece fell off do I need it?

The piece I'm talking about is on the tip that goes into the intake to the valve. It like a stiff maybe plastic round piece right after the oring. Must I have that piece?
Old 06-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ever find the answer or where to get that piece?

I'm in the same problem now, I have one injector missing that o-ring retaining clip
Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i believe you are speaking of the pintle cap.
since its been months what was your result? I see nobody replied with any aid. Was hoping for an answer as one of my pintle caps is cracked and id like to just epoxy it together to limp the car to the tuner.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

a helpful update
Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
if they are the grey ls1 injector we sell the new part you need. They hold the o ring on the bottom and insulate the o ring from drying and cracking from the heated air inside the intake. You can put them on yourself.. they are 2.00 each
If you don't replace them you could get a vac leak from the injector not sealing when the o ring starts to corrode
I will be ordering rebuilt ls1 FIC 36lb injectors myself and driving on the stock injectors to Newera for a tune as said above. However I purchased new o-rings from advance. From the included quote it seems that would be acceptable as the pintle caps sound like insulators for longer o-ring life (idc only need 2 weeks max).
p.s. will update with FIC's recommendation after I call to order. still curious on O.P. results
Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Final update:
Jeff from FIC informed me that they sell pintle cap replacements for well under $5 a piece. And he confirmed that the pintle caps are there to:
1 protect the o-ring from heat damage over time
2 retain the o-ring in place.

So as long as one is careful to not drop the o-ring into the manifold when installing the injectors individually, In the short term there is no issue running w/out pintle caps.

p.s. I was surprised to hear they suggest using vaseline to lube the o-rings on install to prevent pinching.
/thread
Old 07-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up using the caps from the ev6 injectors I had.

Quick Reply: Injector piece fell off do I need it?