Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix pump, running, no fuel.

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racetronix pump, running, no fuel.

Installed a racetronix pump with hotwire kit on my 02 TA

pump is running, but I'm not getting any fuel.

I'm using evap as return, but even with the feed line open I don't even get any air.

Did I just get a dud pump?

Need to have this fixed in 7 hours..but if it's a bad pump I guess I'm screwed.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the fuel tank installed back in the car? Did you fill up the fuel reservoir where the pump is located so the pump would not run dry then add more fuel, instructions said to add 10 gallons to insure there is enough fuel for the pump to operate initially! Just as a reminder all fuel lines have to be hooked up for the pump to build pressure. I just finished installing mine this past weekend and i cycled mine 2-3 times before firing engine. My pump shows 62 psi on fuel pressure gauge at idle. Recheck your fuel lines at the pump you may possibly have installed the fuel lines on top of tank in the wrong order.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Installed a racetronix pump with hotwire kit on my 02 TA

pump is running, but I'm not getting any fuel.

I'm using evap as return, but even with the feed line open I don't even get any air.

Did I just get a dud pump?

Need to have this fixed in 7 hours..but if it's a bad pump I guess I'm screwed.
Please join our tech support forum. There are many answers to this problem there as well as diagnostic information.

http://racetronix.com/sales-support/support/

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-06-2014, 02:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called the supplier Texas Speed, the positive and negative terminals were reversed.

The kit with the hotwire included two pump to assembly power cables. Instructions don't mention which one to use just to check the leads going to the assembly which are the same on each cable, the leads differ where they go to the pump. This isn't called out in the instructions.

Long story short I ended up having to cut an access panel to get at the pump quickly because of this.

Beyond that snafu the directions were really good, perhaps the best I've seen. Car is running just fine now.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my friend and i ran into that exact problem!!! so i know how frustrating that is. it would be great if it was in the instructions lol
Old 05-15-2014, 03:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulu
Called the supplier Texas Speed, the positive and negative terminals were reversed.

The kit with the hotwire included two pump to assembly power cables. Instructions don't mention which one to use just to check the leads going to the assembly which are the same on each cable, the leads differ where they go to the pump. This isn't called out in the instructions.

Long story short I ended up having to cut an access panel to get at the pump quickly because of this.

Beyond that snafu the directions were really good, perhaps the best I've seen. Car is running just fine now.
We have specific wiring kits for the FPA-001/B and FPA-001A pump assemblies. A breakdown of the applications is listed on our web page here:
http://racetronix.com/press-release/...ing-harnesses/

Our web store lists the proper FPWK-017 kits for each version of pump.

The in-tank harness which is packed with the FPA-001A is for use with the factory bulkhead connector and FPWH-001 harness only.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Quick Reply: Racetronix pump, running, no fuel.