Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

corvette fpr fitting issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 05:46 PM
cgo
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corvette fpr fitting issue

So I have the FPR that a lot of folks are using. I got mine from speedway motors. The supply out fitting apparently just pushes in and locks. However it seems very loose to me. Just pushes in and out up to the lock. Doesn't feel like there is any o ring inside. I just don't see how that is going to seal.

Anyone notice this? Am I missing something?

Here is the kit I bought. I'm talking about the silver supply fitting that pushes into the filter.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-Fuel-Filter-Fuel-Regulator-Kit,41791.html
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Once the fitting is pushed all the way in, it seals w/ the ring that's already in the filter.
Those adapters are NOT what you should be using. They are an early design w/ the plastic retainer clips. The clips are well known to blow out.
The newer parts have a screw in retainer.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:33 PM
cgo
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Once the fitting is pushed all the way in, it seals w/ the ring that's already in the filter.
Those adapters are NOT what you should be using. They are an early design w/ the plastic retainer clips. The clips are well known to blow out.
The newer parts have a screw in retainer.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, they haven't updated the picture. They do send the new adapters that have screw in retainers. However, they still provided two plastic retainers for some reason. They don't go with anything.

How far does that supply end fitting push in? I pushed mine in as far as it would go without forcing anything and it doesn't feel like it is sealing. It simply slides in and out easily but not past the retainers. Doesn't feel right to me. Once pushed into the end of the filter, the retainers click, but do you have to push it in further or something? I tried pushing it further in, but it feels like it just bottoms out.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

For first time installation, apply a drop of oil inside the fitting.
This helps the "O ring" slide over the retainer.
Attached Thumbnails corvette fpr fitting issue-step-1-russell-efi.jpg   corvette fpr fitting issue-step-2-russell-efi.jpg   corvette fpr fitting issue-step-3-russell-efi.jpg   corvette fpr fitting issue-new-style-screw-lock.jpg   corvette fpr fitting issue-old-style-plastic-lock.jpg  

Old 05-11-2014, 02:18 PM
cgo
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ollie8974
For first time installation, apply a drop of oil inside the fitting.
This helps the "O ring" slide over the retainer.
Its not that end I am concerned with. It is the end that pushes into the filter housing.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:31 AM
cgo
Staging Lane

Guess I will run the pump and hope for the best...
Old 05-20-2014, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Just measure the outside diameter of the fitting that pushes into the filter. It should be 3/8". If you push it in the filter all the way there will be 1/8" or so of free "play" in and out of the filter but you shouldn't be able to wiggle it around at all.

Take Chuck's advice and trash those blue fittings with the plastic clip. Replace them with the screw-on cap models. If you aren't worried about it then after you get the car running just give one of those fuel lines a shake and see what happens. Make sure you aren't smoking.

Quick Reply: corvette fpr fitting issue