Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Leaky Injector?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leaky Injector?

For quite some time I have been experiencing a symptom with my car. Through using the search function I think I have determined it is a leaky injector. The purpose of this post is to confirm it and ask what you think it may cost to fix. I am actually having a shop install headers and do a tune for me next week so I figure I will ask them to look into it.

The symptoms are that if I drive my car, then say stop at a store or something and let it sit for a while, it will take an extended period of time to turn over and start. It does not do this every time, but it is happening more often. I replaced the battery hoping that was it but no change. It starts up great cold in the morning every time. If I drive it, then turn it off, and then immediately turn it back on it starts fine.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Leaky inj..Does it kick smoke when it cranks for an extended time?
You may also find it by driving, parking it, pulling the plugs. Wet?
Could also put a fuel psi ga on it. Drive it. Shut it down, and watch to see if the fuel psi takes a dive.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not noticed any smoke when it cranks for an extended time. I have noticed a sharp decline in MPG, but that could also be due in part to crappy O2's. I have a little over a quarter tank left after filling up and I have only gone 140 miles. Car has close to no mods... ORY, ram air mod

Quick Reply: Leaky Injector?