Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

racetronix fuel pump install?

Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default racetronix fuel pump install?

so I'm thinking about installing my pump for turbo kit but won't get it until July. would there be any issues if I were to install the pump now while I wait. wouldn't fuel presure increase and cause the car to run rich which PCM would compensate for? should I be ok driving the car like this or should it be best I don't install until I get everything else on to get tuned. don't really want to get it tuned again.

thanks
Old 05-22-2014, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i dont think it would run that much richer. the injectors are what really matter.

when i did my heads and cam smap i also did the racetronix. i drove it on stock tune and of course it didnt run perfect and it ran a bit rich. i know i couldnt install my 42lb injectors until it was getting tuned or the engine would flood.

i think you will be fine installing it now. hope i helped
Old 05-22-2014, 03:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by autogeek23
i dont think it would run that much richer. the injectors are what really matter.

when i did my heads and cam smap i also did the racetronix. i drove it on stock tune and of course it didnt run perfect and it ran a bit rich. i know i couldnt install my 42lb injectors until it was getting tuned or the engine would flood.

i think you will be fine installing it now. hope i helped
thanks for the reply. def. helped.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: racetronix fuel pump install?