Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2006 LS2 Injector Connectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 LS2 Injector Connectors

Anybody know where I can find the proper tool to remove the terminals/pins from these connectors?

And, most of the engine harness connectors have what I would call a Weather Pack design but they aren't round like the typical Weather Pack connectors. Do these take particular tools to remove the pins (and to crimp them for that matter)?

The first pic is the injector connector, the 2nd are a few of the various connectors.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 LS2 Injector Connectors-img_5655-small.jpg   2006 LS2 Injector Connectors-img_5656-small.jpg  
Old 05-27-2014, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are pin removal tools, how ever I find even the smallest is too big.
I prefer to use a set of Jewelers screw drivers or small paper clip bent straight, with needle nose pliers to remove the pins.
The problem is finding the locking barb. Some pins are pull through and some are push through.
On the two photos you have posted the locking barb should be on the rounded side.
I have purchased Plugs and pins from Ballenger Motor Sports. Their web site is easy to navigate.
The plugs are listed by number of cavities, the pins and other parts are listed with the plug.
Their prices are reasonable too.
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/484
The detail photos show the location of the licking barb.
For instance this pin clearly shows the locking barb.
They also offer the crimping tool, at $ 31.99is a good price.
This is the recommended and preferred crimper for the majority of terminals.
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/362
Attached Thumbnails 2006 LS2 Injector Connectors-locking-barb.jpg   2006 LS2 Injector Connectors-1lockingpin.jpg  

Last edited by Ollie8974; 05-27-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Thats an EV6 connector. The connector is an evolution shifting one of the two major types of terminal (push to seat and pull to seat) into the easier to use version Push to seat

Top the white cover off and use a pick to release the plastic locking tang and the terminal will pull out the back

The top left connector is an example of the classic push to seat terminal, where the lower left a classic pull to seat and the bottom right the newer hybrid design. Push terminals can be depinned and moved at any time. Pull terminals require cutting the wire for any repair/repin. The new design switches the pull style to a quasi-push by using an extra lock cover on the front so repairs/modifications are easier

Quick Reply: 2006 LS2 Injector Connectors