Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix Wire Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix Wire Harness

I just ordered a racetronix fuel pump assembly from ws6store and received FPA-001B (purple pump) even though their site had the older generation (red pump) pictured, with a FPWH-001 wire harness. Will this harness still work (or can it be modified) or do I need to switch it for the FPWH-017W?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...l#post18422886

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...fuel-system-1/

Last edited by nichoLaS1; 09-12-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey nichoLaS1. I posted a reply in the other thread. I just dropped my car at the shop this morning. You got the new turbine pump, that's cool. I think you'll be ok. You just won't have the upgraded bulk head kit I believe.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the feedback, I hope so.. I'd rather not go through the hassle of replacing it if it will still work. But if it won't work then I'd rather find out now before I go tearing the old one out.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Launching!

I just got off the phone with ws6store. They said the FPWH-001 should still work fine (minus the upgraded bulkhead like you mentioned above)... I guess time will tell; I'll post results after I get around to installing it.. Thanks for the input
Old 09-12-2014, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

No problem man. If my stock pump can't hang I'll be installing the 001 harness & Racetronix "A" pump. I'll keep an eye out & will post if mine goes in as well.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Just wanted to give an update... The wire harness did work just fine with the pump assembly. My start/crank issues are now gone; she fires up on the first try and just runs better in general. FWIW I did not replace the regulator. Overall I am very happy with the racetronix kit, everything fit perfectly which made the install a breeze.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Launching!

Well time for another update... I have posted this on the Racetronix forum, but wanted others to be aware here. Here is just a copy/paste from what I posted in their forum...

---------------------------

PUMP: FPA-001B
HARNESS: FPWH-001
I installed the pump and harness in September and was initially very please with the results. However...
2-3 weeks ago, I parked the car and came back 5 minutes later to move it. I could not hear the fuel pump priming when trying to restart the car; I then checked the 20 amp inline fuse for the hotwire kit, found it blown, replaced it, and the car fired right up. The car ran fine ever since.

A couple of days ago however, I pulled into the driveway after work and parked it outside. I came back out 5 minutes later, tried to start it to pull into the garage and ran into the same issue. I could not hear the fuel pump priming so once again I checked the fuse; sure enough it was blown again. I replaced it thinking that would fix the problem, however this did not fix it.

Checked all fuses, switched out relays, and even reconnected the factory harness back to the pump to see if it was an issue with the hotwire kit. Disconnected the battery and even cleaned the resistor on my ignition key in hopes of resetting any issues with the PCM. None of these changes had any affect. Using a multimeter I checked the 4-wire harness at the pump (both the factory harness and the hotwire) and found it was receiving approximately 12 volts when turning the key on (without trying to start the car). It would drop back down to 0 after a couple of seconds, as expected. This tells me that the issue is with the pump itself, not the wiring harness, relays or fuses.

After doing some research it sounds like this harness is not recommended to be used with this pump so I'm curious if this is the culprit (150-series bulkhead connector) or if it could be something else. If I had used the FPWH-017W that is now recommended for this pump, could I have avoided this? I'm not sure what my options are, and/or why the old harness is still being offered through vendors if it is a known issue.

Thanks in advance.

---------

I'll keep you posted on the results but as of right now I'm guessing its due to the bulkhead connector.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Here's a quote from Racetronix that was posted here on ls1tech which make think I'm going to be screwed here.

We have not recommend use of the FPWH-001 harness with the FPA-001/A/B for over two years. The factory fuel module's 150-series bulkhead connector is known to fail even with the power requirements of the factory pump and that is why GM/Delphi has the new 280-series connectors on their replacement modules.

New HP pumps meet or exceed the power handling capacity of the old 150-series bulkhead connector. This in combination with the condition/age of the bulkhead connector compounds this problem.

Our RFPK-001 includes the FPWH-017W harness, 280-series bulkhead connector RCS-028 and ITWH-023 for use with the FPA-001B to prevent this problem.

Racetronix cannot offer warranty on a damaged FPWH-001, ITWH-001 and FPA-001B due to a failed 150-series bulkhead connector.

We have advised ALL dealers of this change and continue to remind them.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...l#post18789477

Quick Reply: Racetronix Wire Harness