Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pressur Drop Issue 2006 Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressur Drop Issue 2006 Sierra

A few days ago I installed my racetronix 255 fuel pump in my 2006 GMC Sierra (returnless). Install went smooth and everything ran great for 75 miles. Next day, I started the truck to show my brother my exhaust, revved it a few times pretty hard, shut it off. Few hours later I hopped in the truck, jumped on the freeway and everything was fine. Gave it some throttle, and it fell on its face and started to stumble. I limped it home and left if for the night. Next morning I started it, put it in drive and it drove about 40 ft and died. Did this a few times. So I checked the fp at the rail. KO it was about 30psi, KOER, it would creep up to about 50psi, and trickle down to about 20ish and die. Pulled everything apart, and all looked fine, no cracks or breaks in new fuel line (flexible hose from Racetronix) pump was turning and pumping fine from what is seemed and sounded like. Just little to no fuel pressure.

Could I have blown out my stock FPR in the tank? Or is the pump not doing its job after 75 miles? Thanks

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressur Drop Issue 2006 Sierra