Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW

Update 12/31°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°first thanks for the advice guys! It was a cracked pick up tube and Shitty plumbing in the tank...
New pumps took care of my problem! Im Now at 60+ psi
ALSO my cold start issue is gone! Wierd how a cracked tube can make it warm up slow...??

Me and a buddy just got back from its first beat run...and OMG , amazing!!! I def recommend these pumps to anyone looking to upgrade!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^ UPDATE ^ see pics below

So I'm having trouble getting the fuel pressure past 4"0 base, and it will go down as low as 20 by adjusting it which is weird since it's only suppose to adjust between 40_75.. Also it drops pressure under boost instead of gaining. And the second I turn off key it drops to zero,. Pumps are 3 walbro 255, aeromotive boost reference, the silver block one with read hat, 40-75 psi. On the right end of rail,

opend it up and the diaphragm is ok. I hooked up a brand new tester gauge and same problems so I know it's not ny gauge. ..

Please help

UPDATE , the tester gauge was at 45 psi when I fired it up a minute ago and at the same setting late-night was around 38 psi, (I havnt touched it since) so why's it jumping around? Is there a leak somwere at the pumps maybe?

Also it cold starts usually and today it fired right up and went around the block fine..(usually it falls on its face unless you warm it up for 5 minutes. I'm confused on what else it can be.

I had my car tuned, so is there anything in the tune that could limit fuel presure or not?
Attached Thumbnails aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW-1125141841.jpg   aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW-1217141529a.jpg   aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW-1217141529.jpg  

Last edited by ws6turbo; 12-31-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

My $.02:
Pump plumbing is leaking.....
Pinch off the return... What happens?
Old 11-09-2014, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
My $.02:
Pump plumbing is leaking.....
Pinch off the return... What happens?

All braded lines so I can't pinch it off, you mean back at the pumps you think it's leaking somewere?
Old 11-09-2014, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Ttt Morning bump BUMP
Old 11-09-2014, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

If I do pinch the line, if the pressure raises its a bad fpr but if it doesn't change than I'm not getting anymore than 40 psi from the pumps? Correct? , and it drops psi instead of gaining.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Bump any help is gona help will at least point me in the right direction
Old 11-09-2014, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a leak bleeding pressure somewhere. If you can't see/smell fuel anywhere it's probably with your pumps like already mentioned. How do you have the 3 pumps set up? Hobbs switch to turn them on? Running constantly?
Old 11-09-2014, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maroonls1z
You have a leak bleeding pressure somewhere. If you can't see/smell fuel anywhere it's probably with your pumps like already mentioned. How do you have the 3 pumps set up? Hobbs switch to turn them on? Running constantly?

All on, I'm waiting on the new dual phantom, but I won't have it for a week it so.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

Bump anybody? Everytime there's a thread on something help full than ppl don't respond with any little tips, but when it's a pointless thread that has nothing to do with cars than ppl reply all day, I'm confused is this ls1tech or facebook?
Old 11-10-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have a bad regulator. Give Aeromotive a call and see what they say.... TECH (913) 647 – 7300
Old 11-10-2014, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

U have 3 pumps in the tank?
Answer Maroon's questions.
A drw of how you have it plumbed will help.

Have you tried FB??
Old 11-10-2014, 09:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94LS1B4C
I think you have a bad regulator. Give Aeromotive a call and see what they say.... TECH (913) 647 – 7300
Was my first try was the fpr

Already talked to mat at aeromotive and he had me look over the diaphragm and spring when I was on phone with him and there's nothing wrong with the regulator, other than the diaphragm and spring there's nothing that goes bad,,it's just a aluminum housing.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

U have 3 pumps in the tank?
Answer Maroon's questions.
A drw of how you have it plumbed will help.

Have you tried FB??
Well I had two 255s and they maxed out on the Dyno so Dave at zero2sixty put one more in,not sure how as he put it in the next day I wasn't there,
So after that is when I am having this problem,

For all I know it's just floating around in there. Not really but risk how he set it up,

And the car went strait on a trailer from wi to CO, got here and noticed the problems, low psi, sputters around corners, after half tank it runs like ****,

Now of course I can't get Dave to answer or anything, so maybe he fucked something up? That's why he won't help?

I already have the new dual phantom pump on its way but I want to try and find the problem anyway, I fear it may not be the reason for low psi, but I'm still upgrading either way,
Old 11-10-2014, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6turbo
Was my first try was the fpr

Already talked to mat at aeromotive and he had me look over the diaphragm and spring when I was on phone with him and there's nothing wrong with the regulator, other than the diaphragm and spring there's nothing that goes bad,,it's just a aluminum housing.
Did Mat point you in a direction after you verified it wasn't the diaphragm?
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 94LS1B4C
Did Mat point you in a direction after you verified it wasn't the diaphragm?
Yes he suggested to look at the pumps since I didn't personally install them, I decided then and there I wanted a diff pump setup if I was gona take it apart anyway, so he suggested I order the dual phantom. They have a better foam pick up I guess and Wil hold fuel in the pumps around corners unlike the a1000,

So that's where I'm at, I'm waiting on pump and a new diaphragm for ***** and giggles, also orderd all black fuel fittings, since I now have summit and figured may as well get nice fittings, these summits tighten like ****.

I was just hoping in the meantime I could exclude any other possibility, ,, ie a leak, or hoping somebody has had the same problem and found the problem, fuel pressure can't be limited in the tune can it, ie 3 bar fuel pressure, which would be 14.5 x3= 43.5psi. ??
Old 11-10-2014, 02:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

"And the car went strait on a trailer from wi to CO, got here and noticed the problems, low psi, sputters around corners, after half tank it runs like ****,.

Bingo... U may have a winnah. Pretty obvious Dave has something phucked up, in the tank.

A suggestion: when dealing w/ future issues, post all the info about the car, and you may get more responses. [And, won't have to go to FB!]
Old 11-10-2014, 05:43 PM
TECH Regular

"And the car went strait on a trailer from wi to CO, got here and noticed the problems, low psi, sputters around corners, after half tank it runs like ****,.

Bingo... U may have a winnah. Pretty obvious Dave has something phucked up, in the tank.

A suggestion: when dealing w/ future issues, post all the info about the car, and you may get more responses. [And, won't have to go to FB!]
That's what I'm hoping for,put in the new pump and I'm sure I'll come across the issue. Then I'll have some spare walbro. ..only reason I didnt wanna keep them is there all different ages and I dint wanna take the tank out to figure out if 1 of 3 pumps are bad ever.

Fuel pressure can't be limited in the tune can it?
Old 11-11-2014, 05:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yah I'm sure it's either the tube/fitting connecting the pumps to the feed line or the check valve in one of the pumps.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Default Nope..

"Fuel pressure can't be limited in the tune can it?"
No PCM interface w/ fuel pressure reg.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:50 AM
TECH Regular

"Fuel pressure can't be limited in the tune can it?"
No PCM interface w/ fuel pressure reg.
Thank you sir, that's what I thought,just wanted to eliminate all possibilities,. .I'm hoping with the new pump it will clear up my problem or I will at least come across it,

I now have summit fittings, I'm also swapping them for aeromotive, these summit ones suck,
Like I said I'm eliminating all possibilities where it could bleed off ,plus the summit ones kook like ****, I'm doin all black fittings,it's almost time to dress up under the hood any way

Quick Reply: aeromotive fpr - WILL -go past 40 psi NOW