Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Pump Does Not Prime in Cold Weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Does Not Prime in Cold Weather

I've had my '94 Z28 for a little over a year and have only had minimal (read- the normal Camaro issues) problems with it. Literally every fluid has been changed since I've owned it. However, recently it hasn't wanted to start for me in the cold weather. I just put a brand new Interstate battery in it and have used a jump box etc. So I know the Battery isn't the issue.
I had the security light on and thought that might be the issue so I bridged it using the correct resistors. Good news, no more security light. Bad news, it still won't start when it's cold. (Ohio cold, like +7F this morning)
When I turn the key and it's warmer out I hear my fuel pump prime and everything is happy and it starts right up. In the single digits I have no such luck. I use only Marathon Super-Premium so there shouldn't be water freezing in the fuel. All gauges work properly and I get rpms on the tach. Is it possible it's a relay/ECU issue?

-First post, if I'm in the wrong place just move me or tell me where to re-post-

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Does Not Prime in Cold Weather