Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

LS2 Swap No Spark..HELP please

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy LS2 Swap No Spark..HELP please

I'm in neck deep and thought I was about to make some noise and now need help. Just finished swapping in a LS2 long block with TBSS intake, late truck injectors. ~2000 5.3 truck harness, PCM, knock sensors(side of block), MAP sensor, TPS, IAC, etc. All this worked when I had a LM7 in the previously.

With a spark plug grounded to the head in a plug wire(out of the head), and turning it over, no spark is seen. Tried known good spark plugs on both sides of motor. So here is what I have checked and what I'm suspicious of:

2005 Vette LS2 is supposed to be 24x. Using the crank sensor that came on the LS2. Is this 100% correct? Should I be using the older crank sensor? Is there even a difference?

Grounds literally from battery to front corner of the passenger head and chassis ground hooks to the same spot. We are grounded.

Checked all coil wires and all gooped up with dielectric grease.

I don't have the electrical connectors hooked to the fuel injectors as I don't want to flood/wash the thing until I verify I have spark. Fuel pump does cycle and is generating good pressure.

PCM is not giving any codes but I can't get it to fire so not sure if it would tell me anything anyway.

When turning over, I can read ~150-200RPM and a slight increase in MAF reading from OBD.

I am using the Racetronix cam sensor extension that plugs directly to the black sensor after having removed the curved pigtail.

What next? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your time!

All of this stuff worked fine on the 5.3.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:22 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

It should be working, the 2005 LS2 Corvette was still a genIII/24x engine.

Does the PCM have VATS enabled?
Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Good call but VATS was disabled already and ran with the 5.3.

BUT IT IS SPARKING AS OF FIVE MINUTES AGO..

I was actually logging in to possibly delete the thread bit maybe it is worth exploring..

I took pics of the very nicely connected wires and fully connected sensor. Tried disconnecting, reconnecting, nothing, gave up for night to see what replies I might get.

THEN I said let me check it one more time and unplugged/re-plugged.. When I disconnected it, the fuel pump cycled??!! and when I replugged it, I got spark. Earlier today I even had that part of the harness apart to pull a little slack for the MAP being in the front of the later intake. The wires are in great shape.

Frustrating and strange that the fuel pump cycled exactly when I pulled the CPS and with the key off.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2014, 10:55 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Great! Now plug in them injectors and fire it up!
Old 12-14-2014, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

I am so frustrated now. Apparently I bought the EV1-->EV6 injector adapters. Since I have truck harness it seems that won't work.

So do I need "Delphi" to EV6 or what? What's the correct term for the truck style connector(2000-ish)?

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

So I'm just going to pull apart the EV6 connectors on the adapters, dismantle my truck connectors, and put the EV6 directly on my harness. The guys at Casper sell the parts for the Delphi connectors for a reasonable price and I'll have terminals, seals, and a crimp tool here tomorrow.

Apparently the older truck harnesses are a "Multec 2" connector that my new injectors obviously don't have.

Quick Reply: LS2 Swap No Spark..HELP please