Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel setup on LQ4 with LS1 intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel setup on LQ4 with LS1 intake manifold?

Hi,

I have put an LQ4 in my '70 Camaro and I want to replace the original truck intake manifold with an LS1 intake from a 98-99 Camaro or equivalent. The throttle body should fit just right (or what?).

Gas tank is not purchased yet, as I need to get an overview first.

What is the best option for a complete fuel setup?
--
BRG Lars
Old 01-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Teching In

I think it's possible to do but requires a bit of modification to work. One issue that I'm sure of is clearance with the water pump, fan, upper idler pulley, and accessories. The LS1/LS6 intake is about 3" shorter than the truck intake, and the throttle body will not clear the above mentioned items. Does the truck intake clear stock hood height? I have a lq4 I plan on putting in my 71. I would like to keep the truck intake atleast until i get the car running and work the bugs out. plus the truck intake maks a little more power.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM

I have a Vintage Air serpentine system for LSX mounted, so clearances shouldn't be an issue.
The truck intake will def. not clear the stock Camaro hood. You have to fit a high cowl induction/hood scoop, I think.
Thinking about the same as you, regarding the truck intake. I seems to be the better option, effect wise...

Quick Reply: Fuel setup on LQ4 with LS1 intake manifold?