Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

06 c6 fuel pump cam nitrous capability ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 c6 fuel pump cam nitrous capability ?

hey guys i have a c6 im putting in a 228r cam in it and would like to hit it with 100 150 shot. i have some one telling me they had the same set up hitting it with 150 ran 20 30 bottles threw it with no problems on the stock pump. im really not looking forward to dropping the rear end...

i have a walbro 255 at home off of my brother 98 ss will the walbro work ?

there pretty much universal right?

need some input... thanks in advance !
Old 01-31-2015, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The typical Walbro 255 ltr pump will not work in the C6 Corvettes. The C6 pumps are unique in the fact they have a second smaller outlet at the top of the pump body. This small outlet connects to a nylon tube that runs to the bottom of the fuel bucket in the left tank. In the bottom of the bucket is a small jet pump with a one way check valve. It pulls fuel into the bucket from the bottom of the tank. This fuel helps to keep the bucket full at all times. In fact most modern fuel pump/sender buckets use this setup. If you elected to install an aftermarket standard Walbro fuel pump in the bucket you would need to drill many holes in the bottom of the bucket to allow fuel to flow in. Also the bucket will no longer be kept full at all times. When the tank is low (1/4 tank) the fuel will slosh around and possibly uncover the pick up and suck air. With the correct type of pump in use the bucket will always be kept near full until the tank is almost dry. The pumps in general will last longer due to the fact they are always immersed in fuel (cooler operation) and rarely suck air. They are quieter too.

Racetronix is about the only company I know that sells the correct type of Walbro pump with the second smaller outlet at the top.

Your best bet is to upgrade the fuel pump/bucket to the C6 Z06 model. Racetronix sells them now. Otherwise if you didn't want to drop the tank you could use a electronic fuel pump booster which will temporarily increase the voltage to the fuel pump on demand.

Last edited by KENS80V; 01-31-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Quick Reply: 06 c6 fuel pump cam nitrous capability ?