Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Which injectors for my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which injectors for my setup?

Hey all,
I currently use fast 46lb injectors on my 418. About 72% duty cycle wot. I'm going to add a 200 dry plate to it. What injectors are going to be best? I need something with good and valid injector data, fits my fast102 and stock ls2 rails, and will provide enough fuel for a progressive 200.

Right now I'm thinking zr1 injectors. They will fit with adapters between the rail and injector. The e40 pcm will only accept 60lb injectors without getting really creative on the tune. What other 60 lbers will work?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

It seems the zr1 injectors are good because there is data available, but not great since the spray pattern will cause transient fueling issues, that some wouldn't notice, because of the spray angle. Another reason I need to do away with these fast 46'ers. Without full data I'll always have transient fueling issues and trouble getting a steady afr...
Old 01-19-2015, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I know about the fuel pattern thin on zr1/lsa injectors but I've seen no problems on go tuner forum as long as people know what their doing when tuning so I wouldnt be scared of them
Old 01-20-2015, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

I guess I don't know what I'm doing quite enough to accomplish what I'm trying to do. Between my cam with large overlap, nw102 tb, and fast46 injectors with **** poor data my part throttle transient afr sucks. Gonna try some oem ls3 injectors. I think atleast I can eliminate injectors for a reason why. The car runs great with the exception of transient fuels. I dont like that fact that I'm getting a snap of 15:1 on a quick wot hit....which induces knock.

These injector dynamics injectors will do the job for a dry shot, but I'm gonna need a fuel system anyways to support that or a wet shot. So why not just go standalone fuel with my wet shot and run the car oem as it was intended na.

Quick Reply: Which injectors for my setup?