Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

bulk fuel line that doesn't crack

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bulk fuel line that doesn't crack

Looking 3/8 line that won't crack after 3-4 years. I replaced the factory plastic line from the pump to filter because it kinked with bulk fuel line from a parts store and its rotted and cracked already. Gotta pull the tank down so I'm wanting something that won't crack and also not seep fuel smell. There are a ton of choices and I only need a 4 foot or so section.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not get a push fitting adapter and run a section of braided line?
Old 01-21-2015, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Because I don't need a larger line for supply. Braided supposedly seeps fuel smell but its just what iv been told, if not I might have enough braided in the garage to get the job done. It much more affordable to replace a 4 ft section then to buy fittings and run a new supply line. I just don't want to keep replacing the same hose because it is rotting over time, hence why I'm looking a alternative to bulk rubber hose.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Just use 3/8 nylon line like OEM, it won't rot. The quick fit connectors should be cheap. Since you can make the whole piece off the car, should be easy to install the connectors by heating the ends of the line in hot water. The bend down off the tank might require heating the line so it doesn't kink.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by patSS/00
Just use 3/8 nylon line like OEM, it won't rot. The quick fit connectors should be cheap. Since you can make the whole piece off the car, should be easy to install the connectors by heating the ends of the line in hot water. The bend down off the tank might require heating the line so it doesn't kink.
I still have the stock ends so I will see if I can find some line locally. Thanks, didn't even cross my mind.

Quick Reply: bulk fuel line that doesn't crack