Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plugs?

I've researched and have only found relevant posts from about 5 years ago. I am getting ready to pt some headers on my car. And want to install new plugs at the same time. I've read a lot about the NGK TR55's. This will sound like a newb thing, but Amazon says that they will not work. SO not sure if i'm looking at the right thing. But what plugs does everybody suggest?

Also the o2 sensors, i've heard about using the rears from a corvette. Which rears? and do I need to tune anything for it to accept the rears in the front? Thank guys
Old 02-03-2015, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChevyZ76
I've researched and have only found relevant posts from about 5 years ago. I am getting ready to pt some headers on my car. And want to install new plugs at the same time. I've read a lot about the NGK TR55's. This will sound like a newb thing, but Amazon says that they will not work. SO not sure if i'm looking at the right thing. But what plugs does everybody suggest?

Also the o2 sensors, i've heard about using the rears from a corvette. Which rears? and do I need to tune anything for it to accept the rears in the front? Thank guys
As far as I know, the NGKs are pretty much the standard. For the O2 sensors, I can't comment on the corvette sensors because I don't know. I know a few vendors are offering extension harnesses for the stock o2 sensors. Personally, that's what I'd run, only because I'd order them at the same time.

After you install the headers (I'm assuming long tubes) the car will probably be fine on the stock tune to drive. Though, to reach the full potential it will need a fuel tune to take advantage of all the air you're now able to move. While the car is apart, I'd recommend getting a wide-band O2 sensor and install it if you are planning on doing any further modifications to the car.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:20 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

TR55 is a .708" reach tapered seat with a 5/8" hex. It'll fit a stock ls head just fine.

Quick Reply: Plugs?