Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Return Fuel System Setup. This Correct?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 01:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return Fuel System Setup. This Correct?

Alright so I have been researching for a while trying to figure out how to run my fbody a return style fuel setup for my turbo build I'm doing. I have never done anything other than swapping in a 255, so running the lines is all new for me. I have found plenty of threads where people describe what they've done, some have specific part numbers for some of the setup, but I haven't been able to find a full setup laid out with exact part numbers for the fittings, lines, etc.

I laid out this diagram of what I think should work, but I just want to be sure this will work correctly. The first picture is a diagram of the complete system, and the second picture is just a "detailed" view of the fuel bucket setup (connection 1 in the complete diagram).

So, any feedback on whether this will work and if the fittings look right? Maybe this will help someone in the future.
Attached Thumbnails Return Fuel System Setup. This Correct?-fuel-rail-diagram.jpg   Return Fuel System Setup. This Correct?-fuel-bucket-diagram.jpg  
Old 02-20-2015, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97_ek
I laid out this diagram of what I think should work, but I just want to be sure this will work correctly. The first picture is a diagram of the complete system, and the second picture is just a "detailed" view of the fuel bucket setup (connection 1 in the complete diagram).

So, any feedback on whether this will work and if the fittings look right? Maybe this will help someone in the future.
Run the fuel rails in parallel not series.
Connecting the fuel rails in parallel there is less of a pressure
drop at the end of the fuel rails.
New feed line 2 Y into 3 and 7.
Line 5 and 9 return to tank.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotcha, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Return Fuel System Setup. This Correct?