Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Anyone installed a racetronix dual pump kit on stock ls1 tank?

Old 04-14-2015, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone installed a racetronix dual pump kit on stock ls1 tank?

Just like the title says. Everything is pretty much plug and play but I'm confused on where the ground would go that pigtails off the two pumps. There's nothing but plastic around and it is short. I have some other questions but Any pics of the dual 340 pumps would help. Thanks guys
Old 04-15-2015, 12:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for the late night guys. Come on guys I could use the help. I put up a post about this before and got nothing. Someone has to of done the dual racetronix pumps
Old 04-15-2015, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Read the sticky's at the top of the forum page.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've done that. It doesn't have the racetronix set up .
Old 04-18-2015, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drill a small hole on the top plastic and run them through there and out to a body ground close by.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the thing is the ground pig tails from each pump and is only about 5in long. So I guess I would just have to cut them and extend them? Of course I posted in the racetronix forum and emailed them twice and I get no response at all. It would be nice to hear from the company or someone who has installed this kit as I have a few other questions too.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry I can't help but I've been waiting to see someone tackle this with the parts from racetronix. Was it pretty straight forward with everything you get, and how much did everything end up costing?
Old 04-22-2015, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stealth355tpi
Sorry I can't help but I've been waiting to see someone tackle this with the parts from racetronix. Was it pretty straight forward with everything you get, and how much did everything end up costing?
I haven't finished yet. If I did it again I wouldn't buy from racetromix. Kit looks great the only complain I have is customer service. I have sent them a few emails and haven't got one back yet for help with this kit. The wiring is all pretty much plug and play. I just had some confusion with the stock hat but I think I got it pretty much figured out.

The one thing that concerns me is on the bucket I basically cut the entire bottoms off so the pump will fit out the bottom. The only thing holding them in place is the hose connected from the hat to the top of the pumps. So I'm going to use a stainless steel fastener to hold them up on the bucket so they don't hang freely.

The kit was about 470 shipped. That came with everything
Old 04-22-2015, 12:57 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by transamfreak01
I haven't finished yet. If I did it again I wouldn't buy from racetromix. Kit looks great the only complain I have is customer service. I have sent them a few emails and haven't got one back yet for help with this kit. The wiring is all pretty much plug and play. I just had some confusion with the stock hat but I think I got it pretty much figured out.

The one thing that concerns me is on the bucket I basically cut the entire bottoms off so the pump will fit out the bottom. The only thing holding them in place is the hose connected from the hat to the top of the pumps. So I'm going to use a stainless steel fastener to hold them up on the bucket so they don't hang freely.

The kit was about 470 shipped. That came with everything
We have spoken with transamfreak01 about this issue.
Our web ad clearly states the following:

"WE DO NOT PROVIDE INSTRUCTIONS OR SUPPORT FOR DIY ITEMS!"

These kits were originally only intended for dealer installation. We decided to make them available to end users who have the technical skills to install them. It is up to the purchaser to determine if they have the knowledge and skills to install these components. If there are any doubts please consider contacting Lonnie's Performance who can supply this kit installed and tested for apx. $100 over our kit price. Lonnie can provide full support and warranty for complete systems. Lonnie does not sell our kits in DIY format at this time so please do not contact him asking to purchase piece parts.

Thank you.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-22-2015, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wish I would have known it was only $100 for Lonnie to do it. Would have gladly let him do it and take the guess work out of it. Oh well it is a learning experience
Old 04-23-2015, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Last time I looked it was more then that, like $200-250.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Lonnie's price all depends on what parts you provide. If your module has to be replaced b/c of its poor condition then perhaps it will cost more. Either way it is worth the $ since you end up with a finished/tested product and piece of mind that your motor worth thousands is properly fueled.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 04-23-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone installed a racetronix dual pump kit on stock ls1 tank?