Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Holley HP EFI Drive by wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Holley HP EFI Drive by wire

Hey, not really sure where to post this so feel free to move.

I'm running the hp efi in my chevelle with a cable throttle body, but was wondering if there was any way to integrate a drive by wire pedal/ TB into it.
If I had a DBW pedal, TAC module and TB I can't help but think there could/ should be away to combine them.
I haven't found a schematic yet, but I was going to try to plug the holley into the sensors on the DBW throttle body so it gets the info it needs and then use the rest of the stuff just to communicate the input from the pedal to the motor.
Since a DBC throttle body is itself "dumb", and responds to movement rather than creating it, I'm thinking it might not matter whether the throttle blades move as a result of me stepping on a pedal that pulls a cable or one that sends a controls an electric motor.

Surely it isn't as simple as all that, but before I spend time trying I though I'd see if anyone else has messed with it. I need a new throttle cable anyway and that would run $50ish or so. For a few bucks more I could go dbw and give myself a summer project at the same time. Either way, just thought I'd ask.
Thanks
Old 04-18-2015, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need the Dominator for DBW. There are inputs on the HP that you could play with, but I *think* they're on/off while what you'd need would be potentiometers...
Old 04-21-2015, 12:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Does the HP EFI have an H Bridge to drive the DBW motor ? And does it have enough inputs to accommodate it safely ?

Typically a proper DBW setup will eat 4 inputs

If it isnt configured to do it from Holley, I doubt you'll be making it work. The ecu doesnt look overly flexible in that respect as other ecu's would be

Quick Reply: Holley HP EFI Drive by wire