Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Will the racetronix 255 lph pump w/ hot wire kit be enough?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkee
Holy crap that's kind of a rip off if that's all it is. The dual in tank pump setup for $210 is good but the rest is really not anywhere close to that amount to do.

I currently have a dual in tank setup, with it plumbed to kick the second pump in off a HOBBS switch, direct lines from the battery to the pumps already. Besides the cost of the pumps, I have maybe $40 in the HOBBS switch, the wire, and the plumbing. It just does not cost that much (or should not). I bought thick gauged wire and good plumbing parts too, (it's not like I skimped).

I've got pics of my setup if anyone wants them posted, as you can have the exact same setup for WAY cheaper than $650.

FWIW, I still don't see running direct voltage to the pump gives it a stronger ability. Even with direct voltage as I am doing with 2 pumps, I certainly wouldn't consider rolling around with one pump and 600 RWHP, but again, if Lonnie says it's good, then I would trust his word.
This is from the racetronix site about the hotwire kit.

The Racetronix plug and play harness is designed to remove all fuel pump load from the factory pump circuits while providing the pump with a new heavy-duty power source. The Racetronix harness gets its power directly from the alternator's battery terminal. The voltage at the alternators output is typically 1-2 volts higher than at the battery when the motor is running (high charge/load conditions and WOT). This means that your Walbro high-performance pump can provide as much as 20% more fuel in some cases. The Racetronix harness uses high-quality automotive-grade wire which is resistant to oil, gas, heat and rot. The main length of wire in the Racetronix harness is ten-gauge stranded copper. This is three to four gauges thicker than factory wire which helps reduce resistive power loss to almost non-existent levels. This helps improve pump performance by as much as another 10-20%.High-quality weatherproof fuse holders and relays are used for maximum reliability. The Racetronix harness has factory-type connectors which plug directly into your fuel pump module/sender so no cutting or splicing is required. The Racetronix harness has a redundant ground upgrade as it is necessary to improve the harness on the negative side of the pump's supply as well.

Lonnies dual pump kit appears to keep the jet bucket function as I didn't see any holes in the sides of the pump bucket. That I don't know for sure. I'd imagine to install the dual pump setup you posted in a 99-02 pump like I have holes would have to be drilled in the bucket & fuel level should be kept above 1/4 tank.
I think since I dont plan on spraying this motor anytime soon I'm gonna go with a Walbro or a racetronix single w/ hotwire as it seems to be plenty for others w/ similar NA setup.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill check for ya although i doubt its the newer one
Old 05-10-2015, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
This is from the racetronix site about the hotwire kit.

The Racetronix plug and play harness is designed to remove all fuel pump load from the factory pump circuits while providing the pump with a new heavy-duty power source. The Racetronix harness gets its power directly from the alternator's battery terminal. The voltage at the alternators output is typically 1-2 volts higher than at the battery when the motor is running (high charge/load conditions and WOT). This means that your Walbro high-performance pump can provide as much as 20% more fuel in some cases. The Racetronix harness uses high-quality automotive-grade wire which is resistant to oil, gas, heat and rot. The main length of wire in the Racetronix harness is ten-gauge stranded copper. This is three to four gauges thicker than factory wire which helps reduce resistive power loss to almost non-existent levels. This helps improve pump performance by as much as another 10-20%.High-quality weatherproof fuse holders and relays are used for maximum reliability. The Racetronix harness has factory-type connectors which plug directly into your fuel pump module/sender so no cutting or splicing is required. The Racetronix harness has a redundant ground upgrade as it is necessary to improve the harness on the negative side of the pump's supply as well.

Lonnies dual pump kit appears to keep the jet bucket function as I didn't see any holes in the sides of the pump bucket. That I don't know for sure. I'd imagine to install the dual pump setup you posted in a 99-02 pump like I have holes would have to be drilled in the bucket & fuel level should be kept above 1/4 tank.
I think since I dont plan on spraying this motor anytime soon I'm gonna go with a Walbro or a racetronix single w/ hotwire as it seems to be plenty for others w/ similar NA setup.

I appreciate you posting up the info (I could not find that anywhere).

The thing that troubles me is that there is no "power level" associated with it. Not saying it is BS, but I would again urge you to get the thumbs up from Lonnie or Racetronix about running single 255 lph pump operation with your desired 650 RWHP level prior to going with it. If you do get in touch with them, please post back in this thread because I would be surprised if they said it would be good, but would trust them if they said it would be.

I still think the hotwire kit is a ripoff. Especially for a single pump setup (there is very little plumbing). You really would spend like $30 in everything to DIY if you don't mind splicing some wires.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkee
I appreciate you posting up the info (I could not find that anywhere).
WS6 store says 600hp but lingenfelters site says something different.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C307
[/quote]
The thing that troubles me is that there is no "power level" associated with it. Not saying it is BS, but I would again urge you to get the thumbs up from Lonnie or Racetronix about running single 255 lph pump operation with your desired 650 RWHP level prior to going with it. If you do get in touch with them, please post back in this thread because I would be surprised if they said it would be good, but would trust them if they said it would be.
I would like to have enough pump for 700whp but right now it's not that important. 550-600whp as I will likely be below that NA.
I still think the hotwire kit is a ripoff. Especially for a single pump setup (there is very little plumbing). You really would spend like $30 in everything to DIY if you don't mind splicing some wires.
Imo the hotwire kit is reasonably priced for a PnP harness that is the entire length of the car. I've seen them for about $60.
Old 05-13-2015, 01:19 AM
TECH Addict

Default Pump Mod

Someone on my Facebook from the 4th gen Fbody section installed an Aeromotive 340 lph Stealth pump & did the venturi mod & it seems to be working great. Said he found a video on youtube(I couldn't find this video) & requires drilling & tapping the top of the pump w/ an 8/32 tap & installing the small nipple fitting for the venturi hose. Pressure did go up over 60 though. I'm gonna give this a shot, just ordered the Stealth pump & hotwire kit from Racetronix. Pump is a 11140, Hotwire kit is the FPWK-017W.
Name:  stealth%20pump_zpsdlkhjfc6.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  22.9 KB
Name:  8-32%20tap_zpswtss2abo.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  15.7 KB
Actually its not 8/32, it appears much smaller than that.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 05-13-2015 at 01:27 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After speaking with racetronix you should consider a remote fuel pressure regulator. With more then the 255 you could push more fuel then the regulator can handle. I made 550 to the wheel with a 255 and hotwire kit.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
After speaking with racetronix you should consider a remote fuel pressure regulator. With more then the 255 you could push more fuel then the regulator can handle. I made 550 to the wheel with a 255 and hotwire kit.
After talking with the ws6store last night i ordered the 255 racetronix pump & hotwire kit. They said the 255 is good for 600whp not 600 crank hp & they got a shop car making 670whp with the 255. I originally tried ordering the stealth 340 through racetronix but they don't have it or carry it & theyre in Canada so can't call them only email. I wasn't very impressed with their communication so I decided its best to cancel & order from a US vendor. The 255 will be plenty for what i plan on doing with the car this year, maybe next year as well.

Last edited by flintwrench69; 05-21-2015 at 10:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NewOrleansLT1 (10-28-2019)
Old 05-21-2015, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

BTW who is tuning your car?
Old 05-21-2015, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
BTW who is tuning your car?
Not sure, I have Hptuners so I may do it myself. Just been a while since i messed with tuning.

Quick Reply: Will the racetronix 255 lph pump w/ hot wire kit be enough?