Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

External regualtor return line question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 09:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default External regualtor return line question

Ok, so I have been trouble shooting my motor for quite some time now and have tracked my problem down to a fuel related matter. I have done a lot of searching the last couple days trying to find an answer to my question and cant really find a definite answer. I want to switch to a external regulator being im almost positive my in tank one is failing. I understand everything except for the return line. I was planning on using the evap line for my return but after talking to my tuner and some other shops I was told to reuse my stock return. Now here's the part that is confusing me, after I remove the stock regulator do I just run the return line directly to the factory spot on the top of the fuel pump or am I supposed to run it back into the factory T adapter behind the fuel filter. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am fuel system ignorant and want to get this right the first time. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I removed my stock fuel rails and don't run an return line. I was told that the system can only take so much pressure and then the fuel returns before the filter at the y

Quick Reply: External regualtor return line question