Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Bosch vs Injector Dynamics vs Infinity/ General Fueling Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bosch vs Injector Dynamics vs Infinity/ General Fueling Questions

So far from what I have researched, I have come to understand that most of the Aftermarket injectors out there are based off of Bosch injectors. The tips and the data are the main differences between them.

So far I have narrowed down my options to Bosch, Injector Dynamics, and Infinity.

Bosch came recommended by Lonny (Lonnies Performance). He is is gonna build me a twin pump in-tank fuel system with twin racetronix 340lph pumps purpose built for e85 capability. These come from Bosch Motorsports
and will come with the neccesary data.

Injector Dynamics I came across via online research and seems to be legitimate in the sense that they have really done the math on their data having taken into consideration injector break in
changes. They charge a lot based on the assurance that your getting the right injectors, tested with the right data.

Infinity injectors seems to be owned by The Tuning School or linked to them somehow. I will be tuning my car at the tuning school and they recommended these. Same pitch as Injector Dynamics; reliable data, tested and proven injectors for slightly less. they use these on their shop rear mount turbo WS6 and I have seen them in action.

I am stuck between choosing 800cc or 1000cc injectors. My Dilemma:
I would be cutting it close on e85 on the former 800cc. I am also concerned with getting the car dialed in for driveability regarding the latter 1000cc. I have read that going too big wreaks havoc on getting the car tuned at the lower rpm and idle range. What is truth behind size.

This setup is 800HP+ daily driver friendly
376ci
10.7:1 Static Compression
Estimated 14-17 psi boost through a TVS2300
Cam has no overlap (BTR stage 3)
H2O+Methanol Injection(93 octane)
E85
Old 06-22-2015, 03:10 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ViceCityPerformance
So far from what I have researched, I have come to understand that most of the Aftermarket injectors out there are based off of Bosch injectors. The tips and the data are the main differences between them.

So far I have narrowed down my options to Bosch, Injector Dynamics, and Infinity.

Bosch came recommended by Lonny (Lonnies Performance). He is is gonna build me a twin pump in-tank fuel system with twin racetronix 340lph pumps purpose built for e85 capability. These come from Bosch Motorsports
and will come with the neccesary data.

Injector Dynamics I came across via online research and seems to be legitimate in the sense that they have really done the math on their data having taken into consideration injector break in
changes. They charge a lot based on the assurance that your getting the right injectors, tested with the right data.

Infinity injectors seems to be owned by The Tuning School or linked to them somehow. I will be tuning my car at the tuning school and they recommended these. Same pitch as Injector Dynamics; reliable data, tested and proven injectors for slightly less. they use these on their shop rear mount turbo WS6 and I have seen them in action.

I am stuck between choosing 800cc or 1000cc injectors. My Dilemma:
I would be cutting it close on e85 on the former 800cc. I am also concerned with getting the car dialed in for driveability regarding the latter 1000cc. I have read that going too big wreaks havoc on getting the car tuned at the lower rpm and idle range. What is truth behind size.

This setup is 800HP+ daily driver friendly
376ci
10.7:1 Static Compression
Estimated 14-17 psi boost through a TVS2300
Cam has no overlap (BTR stage 3)
H2O+Methanol Injection(93 octane)
E85
1000s are not big enough to cause a problem; at least not for someone who knows what they are doing.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Why the E85 and alky inj?
Old 06-22-2015, 07:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Why the E85 and alky inj?
Well, with my compression the way it is I am on the jagged edge of what pump gas can withstand.
On the street I will use premium gas with water methanol injection, for the strip or any serious racing I will run on e85.
On pump gas I am expecting to make upwards of 750. With e85
Quite a bit more...
Old 06-22-2015, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by eaglegoat
1000s are not big enough to cause a problem; at least not for someone who knows what they are doing.
Exactly what I wanted to hear.

Quick Reply: Bosch vs Injector Dynamics vs Infinity/ General Fueling Questions