Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Jet Like Noise After Injector and C5 LS1 Accessory Install (Video Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Jet Like Noise After Injector and C5 LS1 Accessory Install (Video Inside)

I'm getting this noise that sounds like a jet at idle. It is present at idle and during revving. Started after I swapped in a LS2 intake and injectors, and C5 Corvette Accessories (water pump, alternator, power steering, idler pulley, crank pulley) on my LQ4. The noise seems to be associated with the injectors, as when I unplug each one the noise decreases a little. The noise seems to be coming from the middle of the engine. If someone notices this noise to be associated with something else, let me know!! See video for noise:

Initially all the injectors were frozen shut, wouldn't fire - I fixed this by applying a ground to each injector for a short time (1 second or less). Did I damage the injectors?

Last edited by TXjeepTJ; 06-26-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Vac leak??, and doubt the injs were damaged.
What's the MAP read at warm idle?
Old 06-28-2015, 10:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remove the serpentine belt(s) to make sure it is not part of the accessory drive.
That will narrow it down.

Very well could be the sound coming from the air filter directly against the throttle body. It idle air passage has a rather high velocity of air going through it.
Wrap a towel around the air filter to see if it makes a difference.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure sounds like it's sucking air to me sir. What's the map read? ^^^could be the filter as well.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Guys, thanks for the tips - it ended up being the adapter plate I used to adapted the LQ4 TB to the LS2 intake. It had a port for IAC on the LS1 style TB, so air rushed in the TB and this port would cause a whistle. I fixed the issue by filling in the port.

The adapter is apparently horribly designed lol
Attached Thumbnails Jet Like Noise After Injector and C5 LS1 Accessory Install (Video Inside)-2435.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jet Like Noise After Injector and C5 LS1 Accessory Install (Video Inside)