Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Injectors not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors not working

So my wife's 97 vert 3800 fuel pump went out. I bought a new one installed it and have 47 psi at the rails. Still won't start unless i spray ether in it. Vats seems to be working fine. What do I need to do?
Old 07-18-2015, 01:20 PM
Staging Lane

Somebody help
Old 07-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have spark?

As crazy as this sounds, I recently chased a similar problem with my car not starting. Engine would spin just fine, but I had no fuel and no spark. After replacing the cam sensor, crank sensor, and trying all sorts of other things, I realized that my battery was dying. It had plenty of juice to spin the motor, but not enough to fire the injectors or coils...

I banged my head on the wall for a while after that, but was glad to solve the problem. For kicks, put a charger on your battery, or a set of cables on another car, and see if it helps.

Good luck.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Staging Lane

I do have spark, i let my silverado charge the battery while I tried starting it but no luck. Luckily for me my wife has a new chevy sonic for daily use. However, i still need to get her baby fixed. I know the injectors work and are clean of blockage. They just aren't getting power. I'm baffled

Quick Reply: Injectors not working