Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

need help adapting fuel line to -6AN

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help adapting fuel line to -6AN

I'm trying to upgrade an older system to the later Dorman "Quick Disconnect" fittings. At my fuel tank I have a -6AN bulkhead fitting, while my LS fuel system uses the typical Dorman 3/8 hard nylon lines. I need a -6AN female to 3/8 quick disconnect male, or whatever combination of parts can accomplish that transition.

It doesn't help that Dorman is the only company that calls it "Quick Disconnect". Others call it "Quik Connect", "Quick-Lok", "Push-Lok", and about a dozen other names. I've been searching for days, can anyone offer up some help?
Old 09-13-2015, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I hear what your squakin' been driving me crazy too, just don't do what I did and buy "bundy" fittings, looks the same as the dorman stuff........it's not!
Old 09-13-2015, 01:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

How bout this with this?

Old 09-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one way. I spent some time at a local shop and figured on a different plan.

I'm taking out the straight bulkhead fitting and going to a 90 degree fitting. From the male end on that I'm going AN6 female fittings on both ends of a -6 braided line to the regulator. At the regulator, I'll transition using one of these:

That should give me a decent path. I'll be doing another of these systems later, and I'll probably try your idea then.

Quick Reply: need help adapting fuel line to -6AN