Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Thinking of going carb

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of going carb

I am building a 66 nova I've built a lq4 with 243 heads tick ls2 sns stage 2 cam pushrods stick bottom end now since it's a old car and fuel system isn't efi ready should I just put a carb on it?? Or will I get hated by the ls guys for pulling the efi. Keep in mind I only gave a truck intake at this time and stock in modified harness and ecm
Old 10-22-2015, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Depends on what you're going to do with it. If you plan on driving this car regularly, in a variety of conditions, then stick with the EFI. IMO, it's far superior to a carb. Converting the fuel system is pretty easy these days. Maybe easier than converting the LS to carb.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:53 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm going carb on mine, I keep hearing, Go Injection, but I know carbs and that's what I'm comfortable with right now. May switch later, but with a brpv and a good working carb, I don't see a problem.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:58 PM
vht
TECH Apprentice

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Forgot to mention, if you do deside inj, I seen a chevy trk at the Holley booth at a show I was at that had a alum intake and breather on what looked like a BBC. Got to looking and it had a LS, throttle body, and a set of covers, looked like BBC valve covers, and a 4 in air filter. Looked pretty cool because at a glance you couldn't tell.

Quick Reply: Thinking of going carb