Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Which Fuel Rails will fit my '06 truck 5.3 for Returnless setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which Fuel Rails will fit my '06 truck 5.3 for Returnless setup?

Hey All!

I'm needing to finish up my fuel system after swapping a 5.3 into my '96 Tahoe.

I'm having some issues and (think) I have decided to do the Corvette Fuel Filter/Regulator Swap but can't figure out which Fuel Rails will be a simple swap.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to find the correct set at the junkyard for a decent price. My needs don't require super-high fuel volume so I think a stock set is fine.

Can y'all please help me figure out which set I might look for at the junkyard? The choices are blowing my mind!

Thanks,

-Kyle
Old 12-12-2015, 02:31 PM
Launching!

I found these injectors/rails locally on Craigslist:

These are my current Rails:

The CL Rails are from a 6.0L.

Those will bolt straight on and ARE the 'returnless' ones I'm looking for, right?

Thanks,

-Kyle
Old 12-12-2015, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why not just connect the feed and return line from old engine to what you have. Since you need fuel pump anyway get it for 99-02 truck with 5.3. Put the new pump in place on your sending unit you already have. I did that on my squarebody that had a tbi 350. Just connected return to smaller and feed to larger line. Pump cost like $40 bucks on ebay. You wont need a regulator as its already on your rail.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 76larkman
Why not just connect the feed and return line from old engine to what you have. Since you need fuel pump anyway get it for 99-02 truck with 5.3. Put the new pump in place on your sending unit you already have. I did that on my squarebody that had a tbi 350. Just connected return to smaller and feed to larger line. Pump cost like $40 bucks on ebay. You wont need a regulator as its already on your rail.
My fuel pump is OK..I'd just replaced it. Actually, right before this current issue started. Kinda wondered if maybe the new pump isn't making too much pressure. But it does test at about 60lbs at the test fitting. But every time I turn it off it idles/runs like crap for a couple minutes until (I guess) the fuel leaking from an injector clears out. Maybe? Sometimes, if I don't get it started on the first try, it won't start without a lot of work.

So I was just wanting to tear it down once. I currently do have the original fuel lines connected to the 5.3l rails. I used about 12" of high pressure fuel hose with the correct fittings on either end to go up the firewall to the fuel rails. That's part of why I want to do the Corvette Fuel Filter Swap.

I think maybe there's something wrong with the existing regulator because it's been running like crap since before the current new really really running like crap...

It ran like a scalded dog when the motor first got turned on and tuned.

I'll probably just end up taking it to the Tuner who dialed in my ECM with the original VIN and made it so I could pass inspection. They have a fuel injector cleaning shop attached to them. I was just hoping to gather up all the parts so down time is minimized and maybe costs are reduced too. Since the May flood this is my only vehicle...

Thanks,

-Kyle

Quick Reply: Which Fuel Rails will fit my '06 truck 5.3 for Returnless setup?