LS2 bogging at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 bogging at WOT

Hey guys,

Maybe someone here can help.

Setup: LS2 (400rwhp) swap in a 68 camaro, Ricks stainless tank with in tank 255 LPH pump, street and performance solid stainless fuel line kit, Corvette fuel filter/pressure regulator.

Motor ran perfect and I autocrossed it at a number of events this summer. First symptom was taking longer to fire up. I would have to crank for a little while to get it going at a cold start. If it has been running and I go to start it shortly after shutting it off it fires right up, but if it sits for 20 mins or more it takes a bit to get fired back up. When this symptom arrised it still ran great when running.

Now after the last autocross and running the car hard all day she bogs down when putting the peddle down. It seems to not be as bad in 1st and 2nd, but 3rd-6th is really bad. I seem to get more power going halfway with the peddle. I should mention that I get fuel slosh if the tank is less than half full and fuel cuts out during hard cornering so I make sure to keep it full during autocross events. I recently checked the fuel pressure at the fuel rail and it was 28psi. I replaced the fuel filter and ran HEET in the gas thinking I got water in the system from driving 30 miles in the rain with no gas cap cause I left it at the gas station. That did not fix it. I'm thinking its the pump? Possibly water in the system?

Thanks

Thanks
Old 12-12-2015, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel pressure is way low. I suspect the pump is shot. What tank are you running?
Old 12-12-2015, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Rick's Stainless tank with the 255 LPH in tank Pump.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the tank baffled? I am surprised you have starvation issues with that tank.. I can run my rick's tank under 2 gal before it starves. The more it starves, the harder it is on the pump. 28 psi is less than half than what you should see at the rail.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Yeah I thought the same thing, but read about guys with the same tank having starvation problems. It's baffled as far as I know, but it starves pretty bad and cuts out on even light corners if its below half. I'm gonna pull the pump and replace and check baffling because it has become very annoying to deal with it cutting out around turns during daily cruising.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:44 AM
FormerVendor

Check the Tube that connects the pump spout to the discharge port. inspect it for cracks. If you need any help feel free to call the shop.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RicksTanks
Check the Tube that connects the pump spout to the discharge port. inspect it for cracks. If you need any help feel free to call the shop.
Will do. Hoping to get to it this weekend. Thanks

Quick Reply: LS2 bogging at WOT