Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Lq4/ls6 intake, "42lb" injectors, rich bank 1/2, engine shutting off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4/ls6 intake, "42lb" injectors, rich bank 1/2, engine shutting off while driving

Not sure where to post this... I just bought a 95 240sx with an lq4/t56 swap yesterday for what I feel to be a decent enough price despite a few issues. Mods include (according to seller) ls6 intake manifold/cable throttle, 340lph fuel pump, aeromotive fpr/rails, 42lb injectors, all fuel lines in engine bay are an/braided. It has 2 codes bank 1 & 2 rich, and if in gear coming to a stop and pushing the clutch in if the rpms are allowed to drop, the engine cuts off... Same thing if you take it out of gear, sometimes the engine will shut off while rolling to a stop. He told me he was planning on turboing the engine which is why he went with the lq4 and an explanation for the fuel mods. From what I understand the engine is otherwise completely stock down to the stock headers (aside from an intake and true dual exhaust). I have general knowledge of engines and forced induction. My question is, should I try to get the car tuned with the current setup, or source stock injectors and see if that resolves the issue itself and maybe get a tune just to get it running correctly for now. My goals for now are to get everything sorted out, get used to it at stock levels, then maybe go h/c/i or forced induction way down the road. Aside from that, would I need stock lq4 injectors, ls6 injectors since that's what intake I'm running, or something else (ls2 maybe)?

Quick Reply: Lq4/ls6 intake, "42lb" injectors, rich bank 1/2, engine shutting off while driving