Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Can I Use Larger Injectors and LS2 TB Without a Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I Use Larger Injectors and LS2 TB Without a Tune?

Hello all,

I have a 2002 C5Z, and will be upgrading my stock injectors to FAST 36# units when I install the FAST 92mm intake. I will also be upgrading to an LS2 throttle body.

My question is, can I install the new injectors and throttle body before having the car tuned? Or will the car be undriveable prior to the tune? I'm asking because my tune is a few weeks out, but I'd like to get everything installed and the car running well in advance to verify everything is working properly...

The injectors are a direct swap, I have the proper conversion harness to run the LS2 TB on my LS6, and I have completed the factory LS6 TB coolant bypass
Old 03-28-2016, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to change the injector data or it will run like crap or barely run at all.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was figuring as much. From what I read some people did it, some did not. The issue came from larger jumps in size. I'm going from the stock 28# to 36#, so I know I will definitely need the tune.

I purchased a TB adaptor to run the LS6 TB on the FAST 92. I will swap the injectors and the TB at the shop prior to the tune. Should keep me running until the tune

Quick Reply: Can I Use Larger Injectors and LS2 TB Without a Tune?